YOUR THROAT SHOULD BE OPEN, LIKE THERE IS AN EGG IN THE BACK OF YOUR MOUTH, AND NO TENSION IN THE NECK/THROAT!
*If your throat hurts DO NOT sing. If it starts to hurt while you are singing, STOP and talk to me about it!
1) Sirens- Slide your voice up into your head-voice like a fire siren. Slide down in the head-voice as well. (Stuffed Dog) Do this 3-5 times.
2) YaYaYa- Sing 3 notes down on YA keeping a tall vowel. Start in your lower (chest) voice and work up to the head-voice.
3) ViViViViVi- Sing 5 notes up then down. Use lots of VVVVV. Remember you can sing on a V.
4) The Lips, the Teeth, the Tip of the Tongue, Enunciate, Articulate, Exaggerate! - Use the tip of your tongue to make the words crisp.
Bubble Gum, Double Bubble Gum, Triple Double Bubble Gum- Exaggerate the consonants- especially “B, G, D”. Use your diaphragm to make the sounds crisp.
5) Sing scales on different starting notes. Use the Curwen Hand Signs and Solfeggio.
Do, re, mi, fa, sol, la ,ti, Do