The NYSESLAT Performance Level Descriptions documents link individual targets of measurement to what ELLs should be able to do at each of the five performance levels:
- Entering (formerly Beginning)
- Emerging (formerly Low Intermediate)
- Transitioning (formerly Intermediate)
- Expanding (formerly Advanced)
- Commanding (formerly Proficient)
These NYSESLAT Targets of Measurement documents, linked below, describe what students should be able to do at each grade band level, linked to specific targets of measurement and their linguistic purposes. Resource files are provided by each modality.