Welcome to the Old Mill Road PTA!
The Mission of the PTA
The purpose of the Old Mill Road PTA is to provide a forum where parents, teachers, administrators, and other concerned adults can come together to discuss ways to promote quality education, strive to expand the arts, encourage community involvement, and work for a healthy environment. The PTA is committed to representing and serving the members of its community and helping parents, teachers and administrators give their very best for all of the children of the district. Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA's goal of a quality education as well as a safe and nurturing environment for every child.
PTA is the world's largest organization working on behalf of children, youth, and families. The goal of the PTA activities is to involve parents and families in their children's education. In joining the PTA, you automatically become a member of the New York PTA and the National PTA. Membership affords you the opportunity to learn about the education, health, and well-being of students, as well as to have a voice in addressing these issues through a national network.
Why Should You Join the PTA
The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. There are many more advantages, here are just a few:
- Get Connected: There's no better way to know what's happening in your school than by becoming a member of the PTA.
- Speak Up: Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. The PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved, you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide many Arts in Education assemblies, curriculum-based programs, and social events - all vital to a school's success.
Get Involved! Meet People! Have Fun!
Old Mill Road PTA Benefits Everyone
The Old Mill Road PTA addresses issues that are important to parents and public school administrators. Membership is open to everyone. Some of the Old Mill Road PTA’s benefits:
- Leverage Volunteer Power. The Old Mill Road PTA organizes hard-working, dedicated volunteers, YOU! Parents can help implement school improvement programs.
- Improve Communication. The Old Mill Road PTA frequently produces newsletters and information fliers, keeping the entire school community informed of current events, issues and accomplishments. Regular meetings allow the Old Mill Road PTA to share information with members.
- See Measurable Results. More than 85 research studies conducted over the past 30 years prove that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improve, attendance increases.
- Discover More Dollars. The Old Mill Road PTA is self-funding. By inviting the entire school’s parent community to join, we generate membership fees to pay for programs. Old Mill Road PTA fundraisers support school programs, cultural arts and educational events.
- Tap into Proven Programs. The Old Mill Road PTA has access to ready-made, easy-to-use programs with proven success records. From health and safety topics to collaborating with teachers and community members to fundraising, the programs get results.
- Boost Children’s Well-Being. The Old Mill Road PTA focuses on what students need to be successful in their learning, including nutrition, health, school safety, physical fitness and general well-being.
- Enjoy Meeting with Informed Parents. Involved parents understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. By developing a closer relationship with parents, student achievement improves, and our schools maintain a positive reputation in the community.