North Merrick Teacher Center
"A source for teachers...a promise for students."
- Recognize that professional growth is integral to teachers’ work.
- Embed professional growth in daily lives of schools.
- Model for teachers and students the importance of life-long learning.
- Promote the growth of communities of learners.
- Encourage teachers to assume leadership roles.
Find out more about the history and missions of the NYS Teacher Centers.
Teacher Centers provide direct assistance with the development and training of school district Professional Development Planning Committees and mentoring programs that are required under Commissioner's Regulations 100.2 (dd). The centers are governed through Education Law 316 and Commissioner’s Regulations Part 81 provides further guidance.
Director -Arlene Nucero
Assistant Director -
Lisa Sokol firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson- Kim Goltermann
Beth Friedman - Deputy Superintendent
Howard Merims - Principal
Board of Education Representative
Higher Education Representative (Hofstra University)
PTA Representative - Christine Mitkish
Private School Representative - Adam Langbart