Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Dana Jurik
Hi boys and girls!
I hope you are staying safe and keeping busy in this time off you have from school. Here are some activities you should do while waiting for school to reopen:
- Continue daily independent reading like we always do. You can use Storyworks, novels from your book baggie, or any good book you have at home.
- After each day of reading, use your writing prompts to do a 1 page short-write in your composition book.
- Complete some math practice pages from the review packet (maybe 2-3 pages per day). Skip around so you're doing a little bit of all operations.
- Use IXL. I think it would be a good idea to complete one math and one language arts lesson each day. There are many options, so maybe choose one from a different category each day. Try to keep answering questions until your smart score is 80. If that is really easy, try for 90. If it is too hard, maybe 70 is better for you. I know this is new, so you have to get a feel for what works for you. Either way, if you get a question wrong, read the explanation so you understand the mistake you made before going on to the next question.
- Practice your musical instrument everyday.
- Get outside and get some physical activity in.
- Keep washing your hands.
- Most of all, be respectful to your parents and kind and patient with your siblings. This is a different way to live for everyone, but I know you can help make it a rewarding time for your entire family.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can chit chat! I miss you all!